30.06.16 - Beyonce fans queue at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff.
The safety and security of all our visitors is our Top Priority.
With the recent tragic events in the UK, we are continually reviewing our security procedures at the stadium. We work very closely with South Wales Police, the Wales Extremism & Counter Terrorism Unit and our local partners to ensure that there is a coordinated and appropriate level of security in place for each and every event.
If you’re coming to the stadium, please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to pass through our enhanced security checks.
Our security and stewarding teams are there for your safety. Please cooperate fully with all security personnel.
Our bag policy
Due to the current unprecedented security situation, it’s better for everyone if you do not bring a bag at all. We will not permit large bags into the stadium but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags. There are no bag storage facilities available at the stadium – please plan ahead if you intend travelling to Cardiff with a large bag.
Preparing for our search procedures
It’s really simple.
- Finish up any food and drink before you enter the stadium as you’re not allowed to take these in with you.
- Head to the gate that is stated on your ticket and join one of the queues.
- The bag search lanes are clearly indicated.
- Please present yourself to one of our Search Stewards with your coat open and be prepared for a body search and to answer any questions that you may be asked.
- Once through the search procedure, present your ticket at the turnstiles and enter the stadium.
What else do we do to keep you safe?
There are many visible security measures that you may see while in and around the stadium and some that you will not:
- Each and every event is threat assessed by South Wales Police and appropriate police resources put in place in and around the stadium and the city centre.
- We also use ‘sniffer dogs’ in certain areas to aid in our vehicle and personnel searches.
- Together with our well-trained stewarding staff, we have a comprehensive and continually monitored CCTV system in operation at all times.
- Prior, during and post each event there will be road closure plan put into place by Cardiff City Council around the stadium, with anti-vehicle countermeasures being used.